Coventry Partnership hosted a very successful Conference on 12 March 2015 at the Welcome Centre, Coventry. It was attended by 200 delegates from organisations across Coventry who listened to keynote speakers and attended a variety of workshops.
Biographies for the keynote speakers who set the scene:
- Jonathan Browning, Chairman, Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership (CWLEP)
- Professor Andrew Oswald, Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick
- Professor Christina Hughes, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) at the University of Warwick
- Coventry Voices of Care – Young People Shaping the Way –
- Martin Buxcey, District Operations Leader, Jobcentre Plus
- Sally Arkley MBE, Director of Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust and Director, The Women’s Economy
Inclusive Solutions, a diverse team of experienced educational psychologists and innovative practitioners facilitated a children and young peoples workshop to explore ‘What would make Coventry Great for Young People‘. Please see the attached graphic which map some of the thoughts and ideas the children and young people expressed on the day.
- Coventry Partnership Annual Conference 2015 Children’s Feedback Slide 1
- Coventry Partnership Annual Conference 2015 Children’s Feedback Slide 2
- Coventry Partnership Annual Conference 2015 Children’s Feedback Slide 4
- Coventry Partnership Annual Conference 2015 Children’s Feedback
It was agreed that all the ideas and information gathered at the workshops will be collated and reviewed and at the next Coventry Partnership meeting on the 2 April the Chair will discuss and review with partners the information gathered and decide what next steps will be taken. The Coventry Partnership is looking for 3 or 4 keys areas of work where they can add value to help and support local people.
For further information please contact the Coventry Partnership on 024 7683 2683/024 7683 4356
Coventry Partnership Conference 2015 on 12 March 2015
‘Coventry and Growth: Securing maximum benefit for all’
The purpose of the Conference: Is to examine what partners can do to ensure that all the people of Coventry are in a position to benefit from growth by creating the right conditions for them to flourish.
The Keynote Speakers are:
- Jonathan Browning – Chairman of the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Professor Andrew Oswald – University of Warwick
- Professor Christina Hughes – University of Warwick
The Workshops are:
- ‘Bridging the skills gap’
- ‘Getting people into good jobs”
- ‘Improving health and reducing inequalities’
- ‘Mobilising communities to secure good growth’
- ‘Research for the Public Good – how can Coventry benefit from university research?’
- ‘Purposeful Collaboration in Widening Participation: Building Partnership Working’