The Partnership for Coventry and Coventry University are pleased to be hosting the ‘Feeding Coventry – addressing food poverty and creating a sustainable food network’ Conference.
When: Tuesday 22 November 2016, 9.00am – 4.30pm
Where: At the Welcome Centre, Parkside, Coventry .
To register: Places for the conference are limited, so please book earlyplease use the following link: https://feeding-coventry-conference.eventbrite.co.uk/
This conference aims to broaden the local awareness and involvement in current initiatives led by the Feeding Coventry partnership around sustainable food policies, food poverty, and food justice, and to gain support towards new ambitious goals.
In particular, it aims to
- celebrate policy innovation and new cross-sector collaborative efforts;
- enlarge and strengthen the partnership between community/third sector organisations and the public sector
- be an opportunity to publicly commit to work towards ambitious goals that can deliver sustainable food practices.
The conference is structured around 4 moments and themes:
- Food poverty: community support and policy
- Urban Food growing: resilient urbanism and new employment perspectives
- Valuing community food cultures and practices
- Sustainable food planning